At King, Campbell, Poretz, and Mitchell, we provide a wide array of legal services to North Virginians. Our legal team is comprised of criminal attorneys with prosecutorial and public defender experience, an attorney who focuses strictly on divorce and family law, estate planners, and civil attorneys who handle a variety of disputes, civil claims, and litigation matters. As a full-service law firm to the communities in our region, our team is backed by decades of professional experience that can meet all needs in both state and federal courts.
Our competent and dedicated team handles cases in the following fields of law:
- Homicide. This includes all murder, felony murder, and manslaughter charges.
- PPP fraud. This is a federal crime related to loans extended under the federal Paycheck Protection Program.
- Federal criminal defense. This can involve any crime that violates federal law, crosses state lines, or is committed on federal property or against federal agents.
- Reckless driving. We regularly defend drivers against these charges in Northern Virginia and those occurring on the George Washington Parkway.
- Traffic offenses. These involve all traffic misdemeanors and other offenses that can lead to license suspensions, such as driving on a suspended/revoked license, speeding, and more.
- Sex crimes. Sexually related crimes can range from sexual battery to rape, carnal knowledge of a minor, and more. Many sex crime convictions impose mandatory sex offender registration.
- Domestic violence. Acts of violence against spouses or family members can result in serious consequences including jail time, fines, and more.
- White collar crimes. These are nonviolent crimes that result in financial losses for alleged victims, such as embezzlement and fraud.
- Misdemeanor cases. Misdemeanors carry penalties involving potential jail time of up to a year, fines, and other court sanctions.
- Expungement. We routinely help individuals clear their criminal records to improve future opportunities for employment and more.
- DUI defense. DUI can be a complex matter that calls for an attorney who knows how to investigate all factors, from the technical and scientific to law enforcement protocols.
- Post-conviction. Our team of appellate attorneys is experienced in appeals and other post-conviction matters.
- Assault and battery. These crimes involve the use of force or putting others in fear of imminent physical injury.
- Protective order defense. We can defend you against accusations of violating protective orders in a domestic violence case.
- Premarital agreements. These agreements outline each party’s property and asset rights and responsibilities, as well as other financial arrangements, should the marriage end in divorce.
- Protective order defense. We represent family members accused of domestic violence that call for protective orders.
- Protective orders for victims. We represent family members seeking protection against domestic violence or threats of violence.
- Divorce. Our firm handles uncontested and contested divorce and its related issues involving children, financial support, and marital property division.
- Postnuptial agreements. These are similar to prenups except that they are created and finalized after the marriage has already taken place.
- Personal injury. When injured through negligence or wrongdoing, we can help you fight for the compensation to which you are entitled.
- Business law. We provide solutions for business owners facing legal disputes and challenges in all aspects of their operations.
- Landlord and tenant disputes. We resolve all property issues related to the landlord-tenant relationship.
- Contract disputes. These form the foundation of many business issues related to sales, distribution, employment, and more.
- Commercial litigation. We handle all matters that lead to litigation efforts, from corporate disputes to employee-employer disputes, property disputes, and more.
- General civil litigation. This area can involve litigation related to business, torts, property, contracts, insurance, consumers, real estate, and more
- Guardian and conservator. We handle all matters related to those individuals needed to care for the affairs of others.
Our team also helps clients create valid wills and trusts as well as handle other estate-related matters such as administration. We also serve as local counsel to other lawyers and firms in state and federal courts within our jurisdictions.
Experienced Courtroom Performance
Personalized Service and Custom Solutions
Skilled Attorneys With Extensive Backgrounds
Over 100 Years of Combined Experience
King, Campbell, Poretz, and Mitchell provides quality legal representation for those facing legal problems of all kinds, sizes, and complexities. Our team has consistently demonstrated its professional excellence and commitment to client satisfaction. We know that what we do can make a profound difference in your life, whether it involves a criminal charge, a family matter, or a civil dispute. That is why we give you 100 percent of our effort in helping you seek positive outcomes.