KCP has a robust criminal defense practice that represents clients in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC state and federal trial courts, Virginia appellate courts, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. The firm’s criminal defense attorneys, Ryan Campbell, Joseph King, Emily Beckman, and Jasmin Mize are former public defenders, alumni of the National Criminal Defense College, and defend allegations from misdemeanors to first degree murder and appeals thereform. Together, the firm’s lawyers have tried hundreds of criminal matters to verdict and defended thousands of criminal cases.
In all its criminal cases, whether misdemeanors or felonies, our lawyers believe in conducting thorough factual investigations, preparing witnesses for trial and cross-examination, and engaging in pretrial motion practice to limit or suppress evidence in addition to requesting other relief.
Criminal defense practice areas include:
- Voluntary and Involuntary Manslaughter
- Federal and state drug crimes
- White collar crimes
- Larceny, embezzlement and related offenses
- Rape and other sexual assault offenses
- Possession and distribution of child pornography
DUI and Serious Traffic Offenses
- DUI related manslaughter, including aggravated involuntary manslaughter
- Hit & run and eluding
- Reckless driving
- Driving on a suspended license
- Other licensing offenses
- State and Federal forfeiture proceedings
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (703) 683-7070 if you would like to confidentially consult on a criminal matter.